How to protect yourself?
Our firm has proactive steps in place to protect you and your information from cyber-attack. We also need you to take some precautionary steps to ensure the security of your information.
What we will do:
- Tell you, when required, what our payment details are and we will not change those details unless we speak to you first; and
- Always authenticate and verify email instructions from you that direct where money should be sent by speaking to you in person or by telephone.
What we recommend you do:
- Never respond to an email that could be from us requesting you to deposit money into a bank account that is difference from the account we gave you previously. You should immediately contact our office either in person or by telephone and speak to the person handling your file if you receive an email of this nature. You should not respond to this email;
- If you are at all concerned or suspicious about any correspondence that you receive from us by email, do not action the request. You should immediately contact our office either in person or by telephone and speak to the person handling your file;
- Follow some basic cyber-crime prevention steps which include:
- Keep all software on your computer up to date;
- Change passwords regularly;
- Use different passwords for different devices;
- Keep an eye out for spam emails;
- Do not respond to emails that ask for personal information; and
- Do not click on links in emails from people you don’t know.
We will do our part to ensure your details and personal information are kept safe, please also do yours.